Geelong Racing Tips 29.09.2021 - 4 Best Bets28 Sep 2021 Read more
Saturday Racing Tips - Belmont, Flemington, Ipswich, Murray Bridge & Rosehill on June 19
- Full guide to Saturday race and the best bets to back
- Selections at Belmont, Flemington, Ipswich, Murray Bridge & Rosehill
- Blackbook previews all five metro meetings
Sydney racing returns to Rosehill this Saturday. (Getty)
Blackbook experts preview all five metro meetings with Saturday racing tips for Belmont, Flemington, Ipswich, Murray Bridge & Rosehill on June 19.
Race 5 - FREE ENTRY TO BELMONT PARK HANDICAP Tips
While she was a little disappointing as a drifting favourite third-up in the WA Day Cup at Northam, Deputano was buried away in a tough position from an inside gate, with the pattern of that race favouring the middle and wider lanes in the straight.
Prior to that June 7 outing, Deputano absolutely bolted in second-up over the 1500m at Pinjarra and as a middle distance/staying prospect last year, the four-year-old did look capable of progressing to this sort of level.
In this field which has next to no early speed on paper, we want to see a positive Joseph Azzopardi early from barrier 10 as she has shown tactical speed in the past and with potentially a soft run on the speed, is a good price to bounce back.
Race 6 - AMELIA PARK HANDICAP Tips
It was simply just a poor set-up for Excellent Dream when resuming off a freshen-up on June 5 where along with being forced to the rear from a wide gate, he was spotting weight to the rest of the field.
Excellent Dream still recorded the fastest last 600m of that 1200m contest despite not getting out until it was all over and having won six from 14 going into that, I'm willing to forgive a run that had much more merit than the finishing position indicated.
A dominant winner in a similar race when carrying half a kilo more on March 20, William Pike takes the reins on Saturday and on a galloper with tactical versatility, it wouldn't be a shock to see the more positive tactics return now he's had a blowout.
Race 7 - HEINEKEN 3 HANDICAP Tips
An inside alley along with the step to 1200m bring different challenges for Amasenus who is aiming for her fifth victory in a row, but with even luck, there's no reason as to why she can't achieve that feat here.
From the Simon Miller stable who have prepared six winners in June at a strike rate of 34%, the four-year-old is starting to work her way through the grades well and given the drift ($3.50-$6.00), the first-up performance wasn't expected.
Recording a very slick last 600m of 32.54 when coming from the rear to grab victory on June 5, it's hard to see second favourite Eeyore Wayz turning the tables from that clash, especially if Chris Parnham makes use of barrier two early aboard Amasenus.
Race 2 - 12.20pm Adam Lindsay Gordon Handicap Tips
2. SOUTH PACIFIC has been freshened since a very unlucky fourth in the Warrnambool Cup where Heart Of Puissance nearly knocked him off his feet., a huge effort considering the interference. Jamie Kah hops aboard and he gets in with 54.5kg, looking one of the better weighted horses in the event.
6. Master Chum found himself in the trifecta over 2000m here last start at a big price, and we know he only improves out in trip. I think he lacks a touch of class on our top selection, but nonetheless he is going well this time around.
12. St Arnicca is very poorly weighted but is on the up, winning two of his last three, including a dominant win at the Swan Hill Carnival last start. You had to be smart to make up ground there which he did comfortably.
10. Vividredsky was second to Grand Promenade here last start and although panels behind him, still performed well.
Race 3 - 12.55pm Murray Cox Handicap Tips
1. EXPRESS PASS looked home and hosed in the final event at Sandown last week before being outgunned by Zipping Boy on a leader's track. He has produced some big performances at Flemington and on the week back-up with a wide draw, looks the one best placed to be winning here.
9. Modear has a sharp turn-of-foot that was utilised last start when winning over 1100m here down in the weights. He goes up a little in the weights now and back to the 1000m is my knock.
10. Zorro's Dream was beaten by Modear two back before running second to Kalkarni Royale last start who is a smart filly. The inside gate is the query.
4. Hidden Legend has the advantage of a wide gate, but was a little flat first-up at Caulfield. This gelding has shown second-up form before so I am expecting improvement.
Race 6 - 2.45pm Sir Henry Bolte Handicap Tips
12. UNIQUE ARTIST arrives off a synthetic track victory last start which can stack up in town, as we have seen multiple winners in town across the last two months that have won on synthetic tracks at their prior attempt. She was dominant over the mile and looks to be every bit of a 2000m galloper. This filly had the blinkers applied second-up.
5. Sweet Karolina has been fantastic this prep, where she was again good up to the 2000m for the first time last start. With that 10 furlong run under her belt, she can improve.
1. Namakwa was impressive when winning here last start by two lengths, but now goes up 4kg in the weights.
2. Reuber has strung together four successive top three finishes, being in the Quinella via the last three. He can be thereabouts again.
Race 4 - RAY WHITE IPSWICH No Metro Wins Handicap Tips
Back to Ipswich, her favourite track where she is unbeaten in four goes, I am shocked that this mare Red Bloom has not opened up as favourite.
Red Bloom loves the 1350m journey and has shown that she can put in a flat one on other circuits yet turn her form right around when at this track.
She was a three length winner here two back and off that performance, she is going to be very hard to beat here.
Race 6 - RIVER 949FM Class 6 Plate TIPS
Desert Lord can produce a barnstorming finish on his day and although his fresh form does not look the best, his first-up win last time in was breathtaking.
He is going to be giving them a start, but I feel that Deset Lord is the most talented horse in the race and although is well exposed, you cannot help but think he could pinch a nice race one day.
Watch down the outside as if he is within six lengths of them on the bend, I do not think they will be beating him.
Race 7 - TAB IPSWICH CUP TIPS
With no standout in the Ipswich Cup, I am going with the likely leader, In Good Health who bolted in two starts back, before going too hard last start and setting the race up for Nudge who won again subsequently.
She draws well in barrier seven and if Inverloch decides to go like a cut cat in front, then In Good Health can take a sit and peel of his back.
This looks perfect placement from the Moody stable who will have her ready to peak and put another black type win on the resume.
Race 9 - IPSWICH TURF CLUB GAI WATERHOUSE CLASSIC TIPS
After placing in WFA company fresh, Pennino has competed in two Group Events where she was far from disgraced.
Back to fillies and mares grade, this girl looks well placed after finishing four lengths from Stradbroke runner-up Vega One last start in the Kingsford Smith Cup, so that form automatically gives her a ripping chance here.
If Pennino can perform up to her first-up run where she was placed in stakes company, she can give this a shake at a price.
Race 1 - IronGate Handicap Tips
Trainer Will Clarken has a host of strong chances on the Murray Bridge program this Saturday and he will be looking to get it off to a flyer with this consistent filly Bleriot, who was excellent on resumption over 1000m on the Parks circuit.
A three-year-old that is bred to get over more ground, the extra furlong here looks ideal for Bleriot, a galloper that showed ability in a first racing preparation that culminated in a win on Boxing Day and looks to have picked up right she left off.
She was the only one of the first five home in May 29 event that had to cover ground, but still managed to find the line as well as any of her rivals and with a tick-over trial, the bigger expanses of Murray Bridge suits in what is a weaker race.
Race 3 - Paterson's Bulk Transport Three-Year-Old Maiden Plate Tips
From a fast family is this first starter by Bel Esprit, Miss Midukia is a three-year-old that is out of the dam Azna, a half-sister to tough front-runner Periduki who won 25 races over a long career which included a victory at Listed level.
Gawler trainer Gary Searle places his runners well, whether it be on his home circuit for Provincial programs or even travelling as far to run them on the dirt at Port Augusta, so straight to Metropolitan level is a decent push for a runner that had much easier options.
Her last jump out on June 4 was a good piece of work, landing straight on the speed and travelling well throughout an 800m heat that she easily could've taken out while gun senior hoop Jason Holder takes the reins for this debut assignment.
Race 8 - Railway Hotel Tailem Bend Handicap Tips
We were with the favourite Pearl Bandit on June 5 when he bolted in at Morphettville and while the race favourite is the one to beat again, this son of Moshe does look to be sneaking under the guard in the early markets.
Black Syrah is looking to follow the same pattern which saw him defeat Pearl Bandit second-up last campaign, arriving off a tough Penola win at 1300m and now stepping to a mile, while he does have a weight swing on Pearl Bandit from that November 28 clash.
The small but the astute Belinda O'Loughlin stable know when to take one on the road for a sterner task and as a galloper that does come to hand early in his work, he's ticking the same boxes that saw him deliver off a similar pattern in the past.
Race 4 - 1:15PM ACY SECURITIES HANDICAP Tips (2000 METRES)
Honest as the day is the long is the Paul Cave-trained 2. MONSIEUR SISU who is arriving with three placings under his belt so far this campaign and given the last two have been over 1800m, this is as good a chance as he'll see to run out 10 furlongs. Has run into the in-form Mubariz via his latest attempts and now back to 78 level, he can give a good sight on an each-way basis.
Godolphin import 1. Lackeen has looked like a superstar at the trials, but hasn't been able to transform that to race day and he looked to have his last event shot to bits before turning it up late. Want to see him do it first and the $2.60 is hardly appealing.
10. Kutahya could be a big improver from the Waller stable, a son of Savabeel that does look to be crying out for this trip and he was a galloper who got stronger as his last preparation wore on. Still suspect on his class but he gets weight off all key rivals.
Back to 2000m, 6. No Compromise is short enough, a gelding that was 20/1 when carrying 6.5kg less in a similar race to this two back and the big weight swing on Stockman was the difference on May 29. JMac could win on a broomstick at the moment, though.
Race 5 - 1:50PM THE AGENCY REAL ESTATE HANDICAP Tips (1100 METRES)
Moved to trainer Jarrod Austin ahead of his second racing preparation, 1. NIKOHLI BEAGLE created an immediate impression for the new yard, recording a winning hat-trick late in 2020. Following an impressive trial, he landed good bets for us fresh and there's improvement to come. Tactically versatile and with Nash Rawiller sticking, the price is fair for what looks a glorified midweek race.
Ending a winning drought on June 9 was 5. Fastconi with the blinkers on and the drop to 1100m being a catalyst in that Canterbury success. James McDonald stays aboard, perhaps an important lead considering he's been with Irish Angel who has won her last two.
6. Sally's Day was Listed placed second-up last autumn following a Provincial win and she has been very costly for punters since then. No public trials, but this mare has a good fresh record and her BM78 form from the summer warrant respect here.
Sustaining a long run to prevail narrowly first-up was 10. Escape Artist and Kinloch franked the form from that May 19 affair with an easy win on Wednesday. This is harder but she does plummet in the weights although a wide gate makes it tricky.
Race 7 - 3:05PM XXXX W J MCKELL CUP Tips (2000 METRES)
There are a few runners at each-way price that do look to be nearing in on a peak run and on a Soft 7/Heavy 8, 12. APPROACH DISCREET looks the most suited. He was enormous first-up at Caulfield before an honest effort at Sandown and the 1800m attempt on May 22 was superb. Looking for this trip now and is down in the weights, the gap between runs is the main query.
7. Berdibek appeared to be travelling into his June 5 assignment quite well, picking up ground in restricted room before the 100m where he simply had nowhere to go and was under a hold from there. Is double figure odds ($13.00 @ Sportsbet) now third-up, but he may need this track a little firmer.
Chris Waller has accepted with five runners and you could nearly raffle them. Not sure whether 2. Wu Gok is past his best but he has a great record in the wet and under gun front-running hoop Josh Parr, he can control this. This gelding was fair in the Winter Cup.
I was quite keen on 11. Brutality last Saturday and after tracking into the race well, he was very one-paced in the run home in an eventual fourth-place finish. Untried at 10 furlongs, but that last effort indicated it would suit now.
Best bets for Saturday are:
Flemington Best Bet: Express Pass Race 3 @210 at Betstar Australia - 3 Units
Ipswich Best Bet: Desert Lord Race 6 @140 at PlaySugarhouse Sport - 5 Units
Murray Bridge Best Bet: Bleriot Race 1 @125 at Sportsbetting - 10 Units
Rosehill Best Bet: Nikolhi Beagle Race 5 @355 at Sportsbetting - 2 Units
31 October 2021
Latest tips news
BlackbookersRosehill Blackbookers from July 2427 Jul 2021 Read more
BlackbookersBelmont Blackbookers from May 2224 May 2021 Read more
BlackbookersGold Coast Blackbookers from May 810 May 2021 Read more
BlackbookersCaulfield Blackbookers from May 810 May 2021 Read more