2020 Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes - Begood Toya Mother tipped to take out Caulfield feature23 Sep 2019 Read more
All Aged Stakes Tips & Preview
- The All Aged Stakes takes place at Randwick on April 24
- The Group 1 is the last of the Sydney Autumn Carnival
- Who will win the weight-for-age contest?
Zoutori is the each-way value (Getty Images)
The All Aged Stakes is the final weight for age race of the Sydney autumn carnival. Sportsbet's The Wolf provides his All Aged Stakes tips and runner-by-runner guide.
All Aged Stakes Offer: If your horse runs 2nd or 3rd, get up to $50 back in Bonus Bets at Sportsbet
1. Kolding - T: C J Waller, J: Brenton Avdulla
Drops back in trip here and while he does get his preferred firm ground, he is likely to find a couple too sharp over the 1400m. Given his kind draw could run into a place without surprising.
2. Masked Crusader - T: M, W & J Hawkes, J: Tommy Berry
The “unlucky” runner in the TJ Smith but despite the protestations of the trainer he wouldn’t have won if he got clear earlier. The problem he faces here is that he looks likely to be dragged back to last off a less than frantic tempo. Entitled to be favourite but short enough.
3. Zoutori - T: M Ellerton & S Zahra, J: Craig Williams
Looks big overs here. Hugely capable sprinter on his day and produced an excellent run in the TJ Smith. There was very little between his and Masked Crusader’s performance and Zoutori draws to get the much better run here, and he is far more effective on firm ground. Great each way play.
4. Dreamforce - T: John Thompson, J: James Mcdonald
Showed he was back to near his best with a much better run in the George Ryder. Barrier 13 isn’t ideal though as he will likely find a couple too strong late. Place at best.
5. Cascadian - T: James Cummings, J: Ms Jamie Kah
Won the Doncaster last start and probably had his birthday there. Likely to find himself in an awkward position from the inside draw unless Jamie can weave some magic. Happy to risk.
6. Fifty Stars - T: T Dabernig & B Hayes, J: John Allen
At his best over a bit further than 1400m and would need very heavy ground against this class.
7. Imaging - T: C J Waller, J: Glen Boss
Sensationally backed in the Newmarket but did nothing. Comes in off a seven week break which is presumably a deliberate tactic by Chris Waller. Not the worst at big odds.
8. Kementari - T: James Cummings, J: Ms Rachel King
Best days are well behind him. Pass.
9. I Am Superman - T: P & P Snowden, J: Kerrin Mcevoy
Proven to be a handy Group 2 level sprinter but faces a big ask against this grade. Maps well which should give him a first four chance.
10. Savatiano - T: James Cummings, J: Hugh Bowman
Put together three straight wins in the early part of the autumn before being freshened up and targeted towards this race. The form out of those races has been mixed and it’s a harder ask to win these races at the end of a carnival when fresh than at the start.
11. Tagaloa - T: T Busuttin & N Young, J: Luke Currie
Three-year-old taking on the older horses but the whole age group have been a big disappointment when racing out of their age group. Happy to risk.
12. Prague - T: Annabel Neasham, J: Jason Collett
Developed a really bad habit of missing the start. Blindfold on goes here to correct that but impossible to consider in this grade until he rectifies that.
13. Peltzer - T: G Ryan & S Alexiou, J: Tim Clark
All Aged Stakes Best Bet
Zoutori looks terrific value here on an each-way basis.
All Aged Stakes Exotics
Boxed Exacta: 2,3,4,7,9
All Aged Stakes Top 5
3. Masked Crusader
5. I Am Superman
28 September 2021
31 October 2021
Latest feature races news
Caulfield Group 1
Group 1 NomsAlizee heads Memsie Stakes nominations26 Aug 2019 Read more
Group 1 EventMaher/Eustace duo ready for Group 1 Memsie Stakes25 Aug 2019 Read more
Group 1 3YOBrutal is here to stay... at least for the meantime08 Jul 2019 Read more